Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very good baked chicken that we enjoy with rice and brocolli. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1985)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Place butter (or margarine) in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and heat in oven until melted (5 minutes).
- Stir in next 4 ingredients (honey- salt).
- Add chicken pieces, turn to coat all sides.
- Bake 20 minutes, turn chicken and bake another 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done and golden brown.
This wasn't terrible but it was not a hit in my house. It was really sweet and not enough curry flavor (I used madras hot curry). Won't make it again.
An easy, yummy recipe. I cut the sauce in half & used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Instead of 1/4 tsp salt, I used 1/8 tsp garlic salt. I also used the spicy brown mustard & it worked well with the curry & honey flavor. I had to bake mine for closer to 40 min but that might have been more of a personal preference-I like my meat well done! Will make this again!
This was very easy and delicious. My chicken-hating DH loved it! I used boneless breasts, but promised him I'll try it with leg quarters next time. Great recipe.