Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another delicious-sounding side dish from my Sunset Cookbook. This recipe combines maple syrup and orange juice and orange zest in addition to the curry flavor.
Top Review by rpgaymer
I really liked the this unique way of serving carrots. I used honey instead of maple syrup, as that is what I had on hand. The combination of honey, OJ, and curry powder shouldn't work- but it does! [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (blended with 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 lbs carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup, and cornstarch mixture; set aside.
- In a wide nonstick frying pan or wok, stir curry powder over medium-high heat just until fragrant (about 30 seconds - do not scorch). Add carrots and 1/3 cup water. Cover and cook just until carrots are tender when pierced (about 4 minutes). Uncover and stir fry until liquid has evaporated.
- Stir orange juice mixture well; then pour into pan and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Pour carrots and sauce into a serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.