- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons peeled chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup mirin
- 6 cups peeled cubed butternut squash
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large pot heat oil.
- add ginger and garlic and cook until softened.
- add curry powder, stir for a few seconds.
- add mirin and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- add squash, stock, celery, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes until tender.
- using an immersion blender puree soup until smooth (or puree in batches in a blender).
- pour through a sieve into a large bowl, discarding solids.
- add chile sauce, salt, pepper and orange juice concentrate.
- add a spoonful of yogurt to each serving and garnish with parsley.