Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy dairy-free, gluten-free, potato-free (contains white sweet potatoes, which are no relation) breakfast, brunch or light lunch food. I invented it today, and I think it's really tasty :) I like it with salad. It also reheats really well.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 medium white sweet potato
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 6 large eggs
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them with a fork until well mixed. Add a little salt an pepper.
- Saute the onion and sweet potato, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat in the oil until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and beginning to brown. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Add the curry paste and stir for about a minute.
- Add the eggs, and stir until eggs start to set.
- Leave on the stovetop for a few minutes more until about half-way cooked.
- Place under the broiler until the top is cooked.
- Cut into wedges and serve with cilantro and limes, if desired.
Yum.. A great quick dinner for two with leftovers for lunch! I used Yams and added broccoli. Couldn't find any cilantro or lime, but it was delicious even without!