Recipe by ladyroseofrohan
Rather high in calories, so eat sparingly, but goes great with any course, especially one that needs a flavor boost!
- 2 onions, cut in fourths
- 2 inches gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes
- 2 -4 cups vegetable oil (enough to deep fry)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onions, ginger, garlic, curry paste and water in a blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides and processing again if needed.
- Cut potatoes into fourths, about 1 inch, and pat dry. Heat enough oil to cover one layer of potatoes in a deep fryer, up to 350 degrees F. Cook potatoes in batches, for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in large skillet. Add curry/onion mixture and cook gently, stirring constantly. Add the yogurt, cream, and mint and mix well.
- Add potatoes and stir until coated in sauce. Cook for and additional 5-7 minutes, until heated through and thick. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.