Recipe by Oolala
From The Multi-Cultural of Trinidad & Tobago & the Caribbean from the Naparima Girls' High School Cookbook. This sounds great and I don't want to lose it. This has at least a 4 hour marinade. *I'm a bit skeptical about using food coloring for somthing like this so when I make it I will leave it out.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely crushed
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the paprika, curry powder, salt, garlic, chili powder, ginger, food coloring and melted margarine.
- Rub mixture well into chicken and allow to marinate for 3-4 hours to overnight.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 20 minutes, brushing with the marinade.
- Turn the chicken over, baste and continue to bake for 25 minutes until cooked,.
- Combine drippings from chicken with onion in a saucepan and gently simmer until onion is tender.
- Place chicken under a hot grill (broiler) and brown to a nice rich color.
- Place on a platter and serve with sauce poured over it.