Recipe by Bergy
This is a meal in one dish and very tasty. It is great to cook this in advance and just reheat. It is a "stick to your ribs" kind of meal. I have said serves 4 but they are large servings, if this is a side dish it will serve 8
Top Review by Sue Lau
Bergy, you've done it AGAIN! :) This was WONDERFUL! And even better than that, I felt like I was eating HEALTHY! I used some green curry paste in this, and the smell while it was cooking was fabulous. It was quite a lot of food, so I dragged out the wok (good thing there was plenty too, we're fighting over the leftovers!). I used one 15 oz. size can kidney beans, that was fine. This was colorful, tasted so good, and the potatoes and beans together form a complete protein for a great vegetarian meal. Thanks Bergy, I knew I could count on you!
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces green beans, frenched (cut across on the diagonal)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced (small zucchinis sliced 1/4")
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (or less)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taqste
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes and immediately immerse in cold water.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and mushrooms until golden.
- Drain potatoes well.
- Add potatoes and green beans, mix and saute for apprx 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add stock, curry paste& red kidney beans cook for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini season to taste and cook 5 minutes.
- This dish is best prepared in advance, rest for a few hours or overnight and reheated this enhances the flavor, however it is not necessary.