Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
My "Aunt Sue" had this published in a cookbook many, many years ago. The difference is the bite of the horseradish and the crunch of the dried onion. MMMMMM-good! Make sure the mayo is high-quality and the curry is, too. I use more curry as we like the taste.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
After it sat overnight, it was flavorful (I was a little generous with the seasonings), but it needed more substance. Next time I'll experiment with cream cheese and/or sour cream, and reduce the mayo. It was strangely addicting with pretzels, but would only work well with veggies if it were thicker. However, it would be wonderful as a dipping sauce for artichokes.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, homemade is best
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish, grated style
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon vinegar (or desired type)