Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is a spicy, colorful dip from Sunset magazine, here in california. it's wonderful with raw, crunchy vegies. i've been making this for years.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (or lots more to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- mix all ingredients together and stir really well.
- refrigerate at least 4 hours or til the next day.
- stir again before serving.
Excellent dip. I was catering for a crowd, so made a triple batch. Upped the cayenne and worcestershire sauce just a bit, and used some smoked garlic I had on hand. Compliments from everyone! There was a little bit left so I gave it to the women who loved it the most -- it was either send it home with her or watch her 'steal' it. Thanks for posting such an easy-to-make and delicious recipe.
We loved this dip! We made it to accompany our New Year's Eve Raclette dinner and it was good on both the veggies and meats. I doubled the recipe and we enjoyed it for a couple days. Thanks!
This was good with sweet potatoe fries. My boyfriend said that it wasn't spicy enough so next time I will add more Ceyenne and Curry.