Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is a dip that I have been making and enjoying for many years, and I don't even like curry. This dip is exceptionally good with crudites (assorted chilled veggies) or with Fritos corn chips. This keeps for an unbelievably long time in the fridge, months even!
Top Review by barrjan
This is just like the dip that came with the onion bahjis that we used to have in England. I made half a batch yesterday as a starter and my kids asked if there was any more. This is a keeper.
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream or 1 cup well drained nonfat yogurt or 1 cup low-fat yogurt (I use my Yogurt Cheese, Yogurt Cheese - 'Labanee', in Arabic for a thicker consistency)
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's works best, or Miracle Whip if you’re REALLY hard up)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste