Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this recipe but it sounds good. Due to feedback, I have reduced the amount of salt in this recipe from 1/2 tsp to 1/4 tsp.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (large)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- Smash the yolks with a fork and combine them with the rest of the ingredients Fill the egg whites with the curry mixture.
I loved this. So did my Grandmother who claimed not to be fond of curry. I made this with 6 XL eggs, though and also fat-free Miracle Whip (Mayo). The cilantro adds a wonderful flavor and no ingredient is too overpowering, IMO. Yum! I'll make this again.
I liked these, but the curry was much to strong and they were saltier than I like them. I did not have cilantro, so I substituted parsely. Next time, I will start with one teaspoon of curry powder and half the salt.
Loved them...they remind me of my recipe "stuffed curry eggs"...easy to prepare and packed full of flavor...I love the addition of the cilantro...thanks for posting it...:)