1/3 Photos of Curry, Curry, Curry
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Craving curry, but don't have any rice? I found that serving this creamy Thai chickpea curry over smashed potatoes seasoned with just a touch of curry powder worked just fine. This meal was so quick and simple, and it was made from stuff found right in my pantry. The ultimate test was my better-half, who usually "has to be in the mood" for curry... She ate it up and never looked back. This was a kind of knock-off of the shrimp curry recipe found on the side of the red curry paste jar. I usually substitute Braggs Liquid Aminos for the fish sauce traditionally found in most thai curries
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream, I use Tofutti brand
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine, I use Earth Balance
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, vegan
- 1 -2 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen green pea
- 1/2 cup parsley or 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1Mash the potatoes, sour cream, margarine, curry powder and salt to taste. Set aside.
- 2In a skillet, saute the chopped onions in the canola oil over meidum heat until tender.
- 3Add red curry paste and mix well to break up the paste, and cook on the heat about 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Add chicpeas and bamboo shoots, mix again.
- 5Slowly add coconut milk and simmer over medium low for 5- 10 minutes.
- 6Add brown sugar to taste.
- 7Toss in the peas and simmer another 5 minutes, or until they turn bright green.
- 8Topp with parsley or cilantro, and serve over smashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry, Curry, Curry
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 703.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan sour cream
light coconut milk
red curry paste
Braggs liquid aminos