Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
This is such a fantastic spin on traditional hummus. Try to make this several hours in advance if possible, the flavors will be much brighter and the currents will soften. Serve this with tortilla chips or pita bread. Add more garlic if you wish - Enjoy!
Top Review by stingo
I have to agree with the poster of the recipe. Such a unique take on hummus. Delightfully different would be how I'd describe it. The curry plays well with chickpeas and the currants are delcious bursts of sweetness that make my palate happy. I will absolutely, definitely be making this again. Thanks so much for sharing!
- 2 (878.83 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 19.71 ml curry powder
- 88.74 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 118.29 ml water
- salt, to taste
- 118.29 ml dried currant
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chick peas, olive oil, crushed garlic, curry powder, lemon juice and water in a food processor or blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and gently stir in currants by hand.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hour for flavours to blend.