Recipe by Judikins
This light and quick entree is elegant enough for guests but filled with wonderful flavor. A bag of scallops can be purchased from the freezer case; they defrost in minutes. This recently published recipe came from the Arizona Daily Star newspaper. We loved it and I think you will too. Serve with my Rice with Carrots; they look lovely together. Hope one of you gets a photo of it for me (hint, hint:)
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder (if yours is more than 6 months old, buy new, it loses it flavor quickly)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain scallops, and pat dry with a paper towel. Toss with the curry powder, coating all sides.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on high and spray with olive oil. Saute scallops 3 minutes per side. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove to a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup water and the apricot jam to the skillet; simmer 30 seconds, stirring to melt jam. Add cream and simmer 1 minute to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce over scallops and sprinkle scallions on top.