Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not made this yet, but it is so unique I have to post it! It is from one of the Lady and Son's cookbook...right out of Savannah. They suggest surving it with ham or pork.
- 4 firm peeled bananas
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Halve the bananas lenthwise and then again crosswise.
- In a bowl mix butter and curry powder.
- dip bananas into mixture.
- coat well.
- next roll bananas in cornflakes.
- sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Place in greased casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.
I made this dish when I wanted a not-too-sweet dessert. It was delicious! I don't think this would be very good with over-ripe bananas or by adding any more curry. The flavor was just sweet enough and just spicy enough for me, and the crunch of the cornflakes was a nice contrast to the soft banana. Thanks for posting!