Recipe by littlePirate
I have not made this yet, but it is so unique I have to post it! It is from one of the Lady and Son's cookbook...right out of Savannah. They suggest surving it with ham or pork.
Top Review by St. Louie Suzie
I made this dish when I wanted a not-too-sweet dessert. It was delicious! I don't think this would be very good with over-ripe bananas or by adding any more curry. The flavor was just sweet enough and just spicy enough for me, and the crunch of the cornflakes was a nice contrast to the soft banana. Thanks for posting!
- 4 firm peeled bananas
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Halve the bananas lenthwise and then again crosswise.
- In a bowl mix butter and curry powder.
- dip bananas into mixture.
- coat well.
- next roll bananas in cornflakes.
- sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Place in greased casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.