Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is comfort food in a hurry, rich and satisfying. Perfect for you low carbers out there.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- hot sauce, to taste (a few drops of Tabasco Habanero sauce is wonderful)
- In a medium saucepan bring chicken broth, onion, cauliflower, curry powder, salt and pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Use a blender stick to puree until smooth (easiest to do), or carefully ladle half of mixture into blender or food processor and puree til smooth. Be super careful not to fill the blender more than half full when blending hot ingredients - use lowest setting to be safe.
- Repeat with remaining soup. Pour into large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the soup pan.
- Whisk in the flour and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream all at once.
- Cook until smooth and bubbly, whisking continuously.
- Stir in the cauliflower soup mix and cook until heated through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce, if desired.
Thought this was really nice. It was different then our usual, but very mild, and the color was beautiful. I will make this again. Thank you.
This. Was. Fantastic! Very creamy, smooth, and flavorful. I used half and half instead of cream and the flavor was still great. Thought it needed some salt so I used some fresh ground sea salt. I added a couple drops of hot sauce, and my husband added a lot...we both loved it.
Very nice soup--the curry is not over powering and is actually quite subtle. I used half and half rather than cream and the results were fine.