Recipe by *Parsley*
A thick, smooth soup. I usually only use the 1/2 tsp curry powder, but you can go up on that as you like.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Yum, this was so easy. I used fat-free half and half for the cream, and added more curry. I also made this without the cheese, because I am going to freeze and fridge some for later. We added our cheese upon reheating. Thanks a lot for a great recipe!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small flowerets
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt, as needed, to taste
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Sautee 5-7 minutes or until softened (do not let garlic burn).
- Add broth, wine, cauliflower, curry powder, white pepper and sugar to the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 10-12 minutes or until all vegetables are very soft.
- Puree using an immersion blender, or blender/food processor until smooth; should be fairly thick.
- Return to pot on low heat, and stir in the light cream and cheese. Stir until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Salt to taste.