Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A thick, smooth soup. I usually only use the 1/2 tsp curry powder, but you can go up on that as you like.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small flowerets
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt, as needed, to taste
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Sautee 5-7 minutes or until softened (do not let garlic burn).
- Add broth, wine, cauliflower, curry powder, white pepper and sugar to the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 10-12 minutes or until all vegetables are very soft.
- Puree using an immersion blender, or blender/food processor until smooth; should be fairly thick.
- Return to pot on low heat, and stir in the light cream and cheese. Stir until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Salt to taste.
Yum, this was so easy. I used fat-free half and half for the cream, and added more curry. I also made this without the cheese, because I am going to freeze and fridge some for later. We added our cheese upon reheating. Thanks a lot for a great recipe!
This is SOO easy to make and very yummy. I have made a cauliflower soup before but this one really has a different spin on it with the curry...MMMM Thanks Parsley
This soup was fantastic! It was actually my first attempt at making any kind of soup, and it went well according to the reviewers in my kitchen! Instructions were easy to follow, but I think the amount of time to make it is a little bit longer than posted (saute, simmering and melting cheese took a few minutes more). I used 2 celery stalks, 3 garlic cloves, vegetable broth, a whole teaspoon of curry powder, and milk instead of cream. Wonderful :)