Recipe by GrandmaBill
We live in WA State, where Dungeness crab is readily available. Canned crab is okay, but fresh is so much better. Serve on small crackers or melba toast.
- curry powder
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Use fresh crab if possible.
- If not, canned or frozen crab meat is acceptable, but not as good.
- Place crab in bowl, add onion, green pepper, and lemon juice; gently mix, trying not to break up the crab pieces.
- At this point, begin adding mayo to obtain the texture you seek- it should hold together, but not be mushy.
- The mayo should just serve as a binder.
- Then begin to add curry powder to taste; we like it very spicy, so I use about 2 Tblspn curry per pound of crab meat.
- Start small, taste& add more if you want it hot& spicy.