Brisket in Roses's Note:
This may sound a little weird but the combination is delicious! I love this dish and everyone that I've made it for has loved it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs large unpeeled shrimp
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- lime wedge
- 1Cook pasta according to directions (it helps for it not to stick together if you put a little oil in the water--my boyfriend taught me that trick).
- 2In a wide frying pan, combine oil, garlic, onion and 2 tbsp water. Cook over high heat until liquid has evaporated and onions are soft and a little brown (about 3-5 minutes).
- 3To the onions,stir in curry, coriander and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp and cook stirring often, approx 3 minutes.
- 4Mix coconut with all-purpose flour and add to shrimp.
- 5Add pineapple juice and continue to cook, stirring until sauce comes to a boil and shrimp is done. Stir parsley in and season to taste with salt.
- 6Drain pasta well, pour onto platter or individual plates. spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta. Garnish with lime wedges (lime not just for garnish, the dish tastes awesome when you squeeze the lime on the pasta).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry-Coriander Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 275.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 44.4 g