1/1 Photo of Curry Comfort Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Jean Louise's Note:
I love comfort food, but my husband likes more exotic flavors. So this is a compromise that I came up with recently. It satisfied my craving for something warm and belly-filling while tempting his adventurous palate. This recipe improvises upon three recipes I found here, numbers 100215, 10744 and 51269. You can substitute carrots and cauliflower for the sweet potatoes and parsnips, respectively. I prefer the Bisquick crust, but puff pastry and regular pie crust would also work well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 large parsnip, diced
- 4 cups chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Bisquick
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine sweet potato, parsnip and 1 tbs. of the olive oil in a large Ziploc bag and shake to coat them in olive oil.
- 3Spread them out on a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Bake for 10-15 minutes, until they just start to brown and turn tender.
- 5In a large skillet or wok, over medium heat, saute chicken in the rest of the olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Remove chicken from skillet into a large bowl.
- 6In the same skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter and saute the onion and bell pepper until both just begin to brown.
- 7Add sweet potato and parsnip, and stir to mix vegetables.
- 8Reduce heat to medium, then add flour and cook for one minute stirring constantly to coat the vegetables.
- 9Combine chicken broth, half and half and curry powder.
- 10Pour over vegetables and simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and bubbling.
- 11Stir in the chicken.
- 12Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish.
- 13Combine eggs and Bisquick and pour over the top of pot pie.
- 14Place in center of oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top turns golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Comfort Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 816.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: