Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've had a similar dish in a Korean restaurant, and have been trying to duplicate the recipe. The secret is the sugar! I bought some curry on Ebay, so I don't know how good this would be with regular store bought curry. But I could eat this recipe every night!! I'm a low carb dieter, so I use Splenda and eat the chicken without rice.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, cut into slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts (optional)
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces and cook In a skillet, cook onion and bell peppers to your desired tenderness In another skillet, combine coconut milk, curry, peanuts and sugar.
- Simmer until sauce thickens Combine sauce with vegis and chicken Serve with rice.
Simple, but yummy! My husband is a meat and potatoes kinda guy who could live off just that with no complaints, but I start craving anything but! This simple recipe is easy to prepare, and has an ethnic flavor without a bunch of complicated, overly hard to find, or expensive ingredients. I didn't know exactly what kind of curry the author had in mind, so I used about a tablespoon of red curry paste, although I think yellow curry paste might be better. I'll try that next time!