Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
A recipe listed on the Crock-Pot website. The original has raisins but I've left those out in order to make it work for the Fat Flush Plan, Phase 2.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 fresh peaches, skinned and sliced (reserve 8 slices for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add chicken and lightly brown (about 3 minutes a side).
- Transfer chicken to Crock-Pot and top with peaches and shallots.
- Toss the remaining 8 peach slices with lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
- Cook on High for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- When finished garnish the chicken with the reserved peaches.
- * To skin a peach, either use a peeler OR make an “x” at the bottom of the peach with a knife, submerge the peach into simmering water for 10 – 20 seconds. Cool under running water or in an ice water bath. When cool enough to handle, use a paring knife to easily peel away skin.
Very tasty and beautifully presentable dish. I did use the raisins (currants); added them right into the crock along with the peaches and shallots. I did not use any olive oil, and I used a can of "no sugar added" peaches instead of fresh, but everything else was as written, and all the flavors balanced very well. I served this over couscous, with a side of green beans.