Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Colorful fall or winter dish.
Make and share this Curry Chicken With Couscous and Acorn Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 6 acorn squash
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika (optional, to spice it up)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- PREPARE COUS COUS.add cous cous to boiling cup of water. remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- PREPARE SQUASH.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. cut tops off of squash, clean out seeds and place open side down in pan with 1/4 of water. bake for 35 minutes or until tender.
- PREPARE CHICKEN.saute onion, chicken, garlic, curry powder, pepper and paprika in butter for 3-5 minutes until onions are tender. Add bell pepper, corn, scallions, honey and broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until chick is no longer pink.
- add cous cous to curry chicken and remove from heat. stuff cooked acorn squash with cous cous and chicken mixture.