1/6 Photos of Curry Chicken with Coconut and Peanuts
When I was in college, I worked in an Asian restaurant. My boss made the best curry I have ever tasted, and after much prodding and bothering the poor man, he finally fessed up! I have worked for years to get the recipe right, and I think this is it! I hope you like it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 beef double bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 glass white wine
- 2 cups water
- white pepper
- 7 ounces cans coconut milk
- cornstarch, and water to thicken (I use 1/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons cornstarch, about)
- 1Cut chicken into cubes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Slice onion in julienne, and mash garlic.
- 3In a large wok, (or dutch oven if necessary), heat oil to just below smoking.
- 4Add garlic and stirfry til golden, and quickly add onions, and stir.
- 5When the onions begin to soften, add chicken, and stir fry until cooked through and browned a bit--liquid from chicken should all be evaporated.
- 6Add wine and reduce a little, then add peanut butter, boullion, ginger, curry and cilantro.
- 7Stir to coat well, and until peanut butter has melted.
- 8Add water, and simmer about 15 minutes, or until flavors have blended well.
- 9Add coconut milk and heat to just below boiling, then add cornstarch slurry to thicken as desired.
- 10Serve over steamed rice, with chopped cilantro and peanuts to garnish.
- 11I like it a bit spicy, so I also add chopped chilies, or cayenne to the dish.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken with Coconut and Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 223.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef double bouillon cubes