Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
wanted to try a new recipe....it turned out great! here goes
- 500 g boiled udon noodles
- 7 cups dashi soup (or chicken broth)
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 chopped green onion
- 3 ounces japanese curry roux (available at the asian section of your local supermarket-sometimes i just use 2 tablespoon of homema)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- japanese mung bean sprouts pancake
- 2 eggs, beaten
- mung bean sprouts
- salt & pepper
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Slice onion and carrot into thin long pieces. Heat a deep pan and saute the chicken, onion, and carrot. Salt the ingredients. Add in the pan and simmer until ingredients are soften. Add curry roux in the soup and bring to a boil. Add potatostarch and water mixture in the soup to thicken. Add udon noodles in the curry soup and heat. Add soy sauce in the udon soup and sprinkle chopped green onion over it.
- For serving: Stir sprouts into beaten eggs and pour over hot oil and serve over a bowl of curry udon.
- *Makes 4 servings.
Tasted great with a few alterations. I added extra soy sauce, curry, a little red pepper flake, and some tofu. I also served chicken katsu over the top.
Thanks!! Ever since i came back from japan i was interested in making this noodle.. I practically ate this dish 2 times a day for 3 days!! and i loved it!! Well Now i finally noe how to make it... and the smell of the food brings back so many memories!! tears!