Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great, light appetizer that is a hit at parties. Sweet and savory!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried goji berries or 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 30 miniature phyllo cups
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, and pepper. Stir in chicken, goji berried, and onions. Chill.
- Chop the chicken breast into small cubes. Saute in olive oil and add garlic.
- Mix the chicken into the curry mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook phyllo cups for about 5 minutes.
- Once the cups are cooled, add the chicken salad to the cups.
Made this as part of PAC Spring 2008. It is quite good but I couldn't give it the full five stars because of changes I felt I had to make. I made per directions and then did a taste test. The curry flavor was non-existent and I ended up with more than 6 times the amount listed to get that Curried Chicken Salad flavor I know and adore. I used green onions rather than "regular" as from experience I have found them to be less harsh. All in all though, with the changes I made, this is a wonderful appetizer that I and my kids loved and I will probably add this to the menu for my wedding reception. Thanks lmkga! :-)