Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This was found in the February 10, 2009 edition of Woman's Day. It sounded so good to me that I prepared it for our meal last night. We liked it alot! I did use the madras curry that I had on hand, and I also used the mayonnaise from Mexico that contains lime.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup diced red apple
- 1 pinch salt, sugar, pepper
- salad greens
- pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cubed chicken breast with enough water to cover in a sauce pan. Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Drain and chop slightly.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt, mayonnaise, curry, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add chicken and apples; mix together.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Serve with salad greens and pita. (We used alfalfa sprouts).
- The longer this is refrigerated the tastier the chicken. The yogurt tenderizes the chicken which allows the curry flavor to penetrate more fully.
- Time does not include refrigeration time.