Colorado Lauralee's Note:
This was found in the February 10, 2009 edition of Woman's Day. It sounded so good to me that I prepared it for our meal last night. We liked it alot! I did use the madras curry that I had on hand, and I also used the mayonnaise from Mexico that contains lime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cubed chicken breast with enough water to cover in a sauce pan. Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- 2Cook 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Drain and chop slightly.
- 3In a large bowl mix yogurt, mayonnaise, curry, salt and pepper until well combined.
- 4Add chicken and apples; mix together.
- 5Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Serve with salad greens and pita. (We used alfalfa sprouts).
- 6The longer this is refrigerated the tastier the chicken. The yogurt tenderizes the chicken which allows the curry flavor to penetrate more fully.
- 7Time does not include refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 182.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: