Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not a huge curry fan and wouldn't think this was appealing on my own, but this Paula Deen recipe is to-die-for. We've had this at work a couple times, and you can't stop eating it once you start. There's something about the mixture that is addictive...if I see red grapes anywhere I instantly think of this chicken salad recipe. Bring this to your next potluck.
- 1 large roasted whole chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mango chutney
- Gently combine the chicken, celery, water chestnuts, grapes, and almonds in a large glass bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add to the chicken mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Season with salt to taste.