Recipe by Waterdog
I got this recipe from my girlfriend who raved about it. We decided to try it out for a large family gathering. We made a double recipe and everyone scarfed it up. We got many requests for the recipe so I decided to post it.
- 3 whole chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on) or 6 chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup Major Grey chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (white and green part)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan skin side up and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin. Shred or dice the chicken in bite size pieces.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl or serving dish, combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. NOTE: Depending on the amount of chicken you end up with, you may not necessarily use all of the dressing. Mix in the celery, scallions, and raisins. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Add the cashews and serve at room temperature. It's good as a snack on crackers or as a side dish.