Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this salad in the summer time. This is a good way to use up leftover chicken, or you could grill the chicken and add it to the salad warm. I really believe that the dressing is the key to this salad. I serve this salad with bread and make a meal out of it. I did not include the time to cook the chicken in the preparation time because I use leftovers or store-bought chopped chicken.
- 2 cups lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, slivered and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon scallion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Layer salad in serving bowl.
- In small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- Toss salad to distribute dressing.
- Serve immediately.