I can never get enough! Maxine and Linda inspired me to write this recipe. Although it is not exactly how they make it, it is close. They prefer Miracle Whip, and don't add the onions. I used this to stuff the small puff pastries (Suzi's Pop-Over Puffs) to make hors d'oeuvres. I dice and chop finely for the hors d'oeuvres, and coarsely for sandwiches or salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (diced)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup pickle (I recommend Maxine's Curry Pickle (A Sweet Pickle), finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, if curry pickle is not available (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Hard boil eggs, then chop. (I put eggs in a pan in cold water, bring to boil, remove from heat, cover, let stand 17 minutes, drain water, cover with cold water and ice for 5 minutes, then peel).
- While eggs are cooking, dice chicken, celery, pickle and onion (finely for hors d'oeuvres, coarsely for sandwiches or salads).
- Mix chicken, celery, onion, pickle, and eggs in medium sized bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, and mix together adding sugar, salt, and pepper to your taste.
- Serve on bed of lettuce for salad, on toast for sandwiches, or stuff puffs for hors d'oeuvres. Part of prep time is during cooking of the eggs.