Sweet chicken salad with grapes, celery, and delicious curry. If you prefer a more savory version, leave out the sugar and consider using mayo instead of Miracle Whip.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (low-fat or fat-free is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip, low-fat is also fine here)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (white meat is best)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- Heat oil in auscepan and add curry. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine sour cream, Miracle Whip, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and curry mix. Stir until well-blended.
- Add chicken, celery, grapes, and almonds to bowl.
- Top with coconut just before serving, if desired.
- Delicious served with King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread or Rolls.