Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can be made in a pressure cooker or regular pot.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 skinless chicken leg quarters, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- Melt the butter in a pressure cooker then add the onion & 1/2 tsp of curry. Saute the onion for 3 minutes then pour in the broth.
- Add the rest of the spices & sugar, stir then add the chicken pieces. Cover with the lid then cook for 7 minutes (after it begins to hiss).
- Note: If using a regular pot boil the chicken for 15 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken & shred, place back into the pot. Take off the heat then stir in the cream & rice. Cover with the lid & let sit for 10 minutes.