Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was taken from the Food Network and is delicious! If you're looking for something a little different than the average pot pie, this is the one for you. Super easy too if you use a pre-made pie crust.
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, etc.) or 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (peas, carrots, etc.)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth (I like Campbells)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more, depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 -2 dash salt
- 1 -2 dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- ready-made pie crust
- In small pan, saute onions with the butter, just until soft. Set aside.
- In seperate saucepan or pot, heat vegetables and chicken broth until boiling.
- Lower heat and add milk.
- In a small cup, mix a little bit of cold water and the flour until its dissolved (thus eliminating the lumps that may occur if you just dump the flour in the hot vegetables and broth) and mix with the heated broth.
- Add onions, curry, parsley, salt, pepper and chicken to the broth and let simmer until it thickens. Add more flour if needed.
- Once the sauce thickens to your liking, pour into pie pan and top with pre-made pie crust.
- Cut slits in top (and brush with butter if you want).
- Bake at 400 degrees until crust is nice and golden.
My sister-in-law sent me this recipe from Food Network. As she said, this really is "comfort food with a fun twist"!! I was skeptical about roasting the veggies, but it turned out just right!!! Yummmmmm