Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Another great recipe from Penzey's Spices. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Yes, I liked the salad. Felt that 1lb pasta would be too much for the dressing so I decided to cut the pasta in half and was glad I did. I think the salad would benefit from something fresh and/or crunchy. Maybe some pickles, celery stalk, bell peppers or such. Pleased I tried it. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon sweet curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 quarts water (for boiling pasta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 2 cups snap peas, chopped in half
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine curry, oil, and 1 T lemon juice, pour over chicken, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over med heat, add chicken.
- Cook, stirring regularly, about 3 min (or more). Reduce the heat a bit if the sauce starts to darken.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let cool while the pasta boils.
- Boil pasta in salt and water, rinse and set aside. For about the final 2 min of cooking time, add the peas, drain and rinse w/rest of pasta.
- While pasta cooks, prepare the salad dressing. It is important to have dressing done at same time as pasta, so pasta doesn’t sit w/out dressing too long, as it will clump.
- In a large bowl, blend minced red onion, mayonnaise, mustard and 1 T lemon juice.
- Add the curried chicken w/all the sauce out of the pan; whisk to blend.
- Add pasta and peas, toss to coat and add salt if desired.
- Serve right away or chilled for later. 8-12 servings.