Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy curry chicken.
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons lalah's mandras curry powder
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 whole chicken, cut up into pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 potatoes (bite size pieces not too small)
- In a large pot heat up cooking oil add chopped garlic and onion lightly fry.
- Add curry powder and stir together quickly, DO NOT BURN then add 1/4 cup of the water bringing to a light simmer.
- Stir in chicken until it's completely covered and all mixed together in the curry and is starting to lightly cook, 3-5 minutes.
- Add in balance of water and salt and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down to med & lightly simmer for 45 minutes covered.
- Add in potatoes, then continue to simmer until potatoes are done (30 minutes).
- Put on a bed of rice or eat this as a stew.
- This simply is the best curry you'll ever eat that comes out of your own kitchen.
It was easy and really good. I got a thumbs up from my family.
This recipe was a little lacking in something, so I think after some additions and revisions it may improve, also think quantities of water may be wrong in recipe. It was easy to make, I will give it that much. I will try it again,but going to make some changes.