Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These croissant sandwiches are heavenly. They make a great entree for a luncheon. I've served them at a bridal shower and everyone requested the recipe. I cut back on the amount of curry powder -- but that's just personal preference. If you are a big curry powder fan, then you will probably want to add the amount listed in the recipe.
- 591.47 ml cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 78.07 ml chopped celery
- 29.58 ml onions, grated
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 3.69 ml curry powder (I use only 1/4 teaspoon)
- 0.59 ml cajun seasoning
- lettuce leaf
- 4-6 plain croissants, split
- In food processor or blender, process chicken until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl, add walnuts, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, and Cajun seasoning. Mix well.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and stir well. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Place lettuce leaf and about 3/4 cup of the chicken mixture on each croissant.
- Note: It is personal preference as to how finely chopped the chicken is.
- If you use the little mini-croissants, these make a nice addition as an appetizer.
This was a tasty, simple chicken sandwich. The crunch of the celery and walnuts was perfect with the creamy sauce. I made this for lunch and caught myself eating it with a spoon right out of the bowl! :-) I really liked the curry and I used the full 3/4 tsp. I also used plain yogurt instead of sourcream.(trying to cut back on sourcream in diet) I might add some chopped grapes to the leftovers and eat it on whole wheat crackers for a snack. Very versatile recipe. Thanks Bobbie #3! Delish!