Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My family LOVES the original recipe posted by Chef on the coast, but I'm on a diet and wanted to make a much lighter version. I really only posted this because I wanted to see how the nutritional content changed so I can try to calculate it to WW points :) I also added about a cup of broccoli in to add some extra veggies. I think this is our favorite recipe from this site so far!!!
- 1⁄3 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 -6 large mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup rice (do not use instant rice, I use Basmati)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute onion, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Stir in rice, parsley, boullion and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add soup, sour cream and curry powder; mix well. Fold in chicken.
- Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.