1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My family LOVES the original recipe posted by Chef on the coast, but I'm on a diet and wanted to make a much lighter version. I really only posted this because I wanted to see how the nutritional content changed so I can try to calculate it to WW points :) I also added about a cup of broccoli in to add some extra veggies. I think this is our favorite recipe from this site so far!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 -6 large mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup rice (do not use instant rice, I use Basmati)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute onion, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- 2Stir in rice, parsley, boullion and water. Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 4Add soup, sour cream and curry powder; mix well. Fold in chicken.
- 5Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken Casserole - the "lighter" Version
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup