1/3 Photos of Curry Chicken Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Chef on the coast's Note:
This came from TOH - cooking for a crowd. I was intrigued by the recipe so divided it down for a family of 6. Even my kids love this recipe. I was not a curry fan before trying this and I guiltily admit - I had 3 helpings the first time I made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 -6 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup rice (do not use instant rice)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute onion, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- 2Stir in rice, parsley, boullion and water. Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 4Add soup, sour cream and curry powder; mix well. Fold in chicken.
- 5Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 593.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.5 g