Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Australian Good Taste sep 07 20 ml tbs Love a one pot!!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons sharwood mild korma curry paste
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered toasted
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander
- skim natural yoghurt
- Heat a saucepan over med high heat. Spray with olive oil. Cook chicken for 3-4 min each side. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion to pan. Cook stirring for 5 minute Add curry paste and cook stiiring for 1 minute Add rice and stir to coat. Add chicken and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook covered for 12 min or until liq has absorbed. Set aside, covered for 10 minute.
- Top pilaf with almonds, tomato and coriander. Serve with youghurt.
Fabulous! Since it was just DH and I, I omitted the chicken and made shrimp instead, cooking them separately and adding to the finished dish. Accordingly, I used garlic and herb low-sodium broth rather than the chicken broth. Otherwise this was prepared as directed, and served with the suggested tomato, (Greek) yoghurt and coriander. Umm, marvellous, and so very simple, little effort required for an outstanding dish that I will certainly make again, I loved this pilaf. I had plenty, and used the rest of it the next night to accompany a vegetarian curry with a coconut milk base, equally delicious together! Thanks Juliet, for another keeper! Made for PAC Fall 2009