Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like pasta, this is a great alternative to traditional Italian. This recipe is from rossipasta.com. They have all the hard to find flavored pastas (I used curry linguini). The version below was made to my liking which increased the curry and veggies. You can prepare the chicken however you like (whole cut up, boneless, grilled, smoked etc.). I had some whole smoked beer can chicken so I de-boned and cubed 1 pound.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta
- 1 lb cooked chicken, then cubed (or whole)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄3 cup sesame oil (a must have)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Start preparation for pasta.
- Cook chicken to your liking in olive oil or If you will be using cooked chicken as I did you will add it later.
- Add vegetables, almonds and sesame oil and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add curry powder and mix well.
- Add olive oil (unless you used it to cook chicken) and cooked chicken, mix well.
- Let the mixture simmer thoroughly for about 10 minutes.
- Toss with warm pasta and serve.
This dish was delicious! Next time I will cut down the oil, though, for health's sake.