Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this curry chicken salad! I make up a batch on Sunday and take it to work for lunch on both Monday and Tuesday. The curry dressing is just right, with a perfect bite to it! A unique way to dress up chicken salad!
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml onion, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, cubed or diced
- 118.29 ml cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 118.29 ml celery
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together mayo, curry powder, vinegar, onion, cinnamon, and salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add chicken and celery and toss well.
- Place cucumber slices around salad before serving.
- NOTE: Can be chilled in fridge for up to two days.
Good recipe, this is a lot of fun to try some different variations. I used lemon juice instead of vinegar, shallot instead on onion and mint instead of parsley.
I have never made something so simple that had so many people raving! I've had to email this to 2 people and counting. Thanks!
I made this for my lunch today when another recipe I'd planned to make fell through. I looked through all the Zaar chicken salad recipes I could find to locate one that used ingredients I had already. :) The salad is pretty good, but I must admit that the curry dressing is a little stronger than I'd like. I added some sliced black olives to offset the dressing, and that did the trick. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe, Helping Hands!