Recipe by Myssuh Morgan
I can't remember where I got the recipe from, but I have altered it a bit over the years and smiplified it as well... I've had this recipe since I was in the 4th grade for a project I had to do on India...
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very simple and pleasant, good weeknight curry. I used half the chicken and all the sauce, did not add the salt, used a roasted garm masala for the curry powder and was generous with it, also a pinch of dried chililes. Thank you, Myssuh, good recipe! Made for I Recommend tag game
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 8 tenders)
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (1 1/2 Cup of Freshly Diced Tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (Do Not Exceed 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, heat oil on med-high heat. Add cut chicken to oil and brown. Once browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a seperate pan, on medium heat, mix onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, and curry. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, water, and salt to tomato mixture and cover. Lower heat to simmer, and stir constantly. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some curry powder on top and plate with rice, or couscous.