Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. I made this a while ago and don't remember enough to give it an adequate description, other than I wrote on the recipe that we liked it. Once I make it again, I will update my description... : )
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, paprika, pepper and ginger; coat chicken pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, curry and thyme.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve over rice.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.