Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I came up with after trying several different curry chicken recipes, that I just wasn't happy with. It's hearty and delicious.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- In a deep pot heat oil at medium-high heat add onions, cook until they appear translucent.
- Lower heat to medium-low, stir in all seasonings.
- The oil, onions and seasonings should come together like a paste.
- Add in water, coconut milk, milk, and sour cream. stir until blended well.
- Add chicken, potatoes, peas and carrots. cover and let simmer at medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This was really good. I changed it just a bit. I used chicken broth instead of water, added an extra cup of coconut milk, and extra cinnamon and ginger. Thanks for a yummy recipe!