Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This Indian dish is an excellent choice for guests. Add a little pepper to taste and they'll never know the salt is missing. Taste as you prepare and add more curry if you like. Serve on steamed basmati rice alongside asparagus spears or steamed broccoli.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, packed
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added apricot jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the garlic and onion in the oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Wash chicken, pat dry, and add to the sauté; cook until brown.
- Add the water, raisins, jam or preserves, and curry powder, stirring as you do. Add the curry last.
- Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes (or less if it looks done before). Stir frequently. You're done when the water is gone.
- Stir the yogurt into the mixture in the pan. Simmer at low, stirring constantly until the yogurt has heated; do not let it boil.
- Pepper to taste or reserve that for individual servings.
- Serve hot on a bed of steamed basmati rice.