Recipe by Jewelies
This recipe is from the Australian Woman's Weekly. An Australian cup is 250ml and one tablespoon is 20ml. Preparation time also includes time left in the fridge.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water, approximately
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- caraway seed, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place curry powder in a dry pan, stir over low heat until fragrant, cool.
- Sift flours and curry powder into bowl, rub in butter.
- Stir in egg and enough water to mix to a firm dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll dough between sheets of greaseproof paper until 2mm thick.
- Cut into 5cm rounds, place about 3cm apart onto greased oven trays.
- Brush lightly with a little egg white, sprinkle lightly with salt and caraway seeds.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on trays.