Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Australian Woman's Weekly. An Australian cup is 250ml and one tablespoon is 20ml. Preparation time also includes time left in the fridge.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water, approximately
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- caraway seed, to taste
- Place curry powder in a dry pan, stir over low heat until fragrant, cool.
- Sift flours and curry powder into bowl, rub in butter.
- Stir in egg and enough water to mix to a firm dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll dough between sheets of greaseproof paper until 2mm thick.
- Cut into 5cm rounds, place about 3cm apart onto greased oven trays.
- Brush lightly with a little egg white, sprinkle lightly with salt and caraway seeds.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on trays.