Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Better Homes & Gardens. It makes for a quick week night meal! Simply mix the ingredients together, pour over chicken, and bake.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- hot cooked rice
- In a 3-quart rectangular baking dish combine honey, water, mustard, melted butter, cajun seasoning, curry powder, lemon juice, and garlic; mix well.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Arrange in single layer.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve chicken and pan drippings with hot cooked rice.
this is an awesome dish that my kids DIE FOR!!
Delicious!!! Thank you! I followed to a tee, with the exception of adding extra garlic (because I'm a garlic-a-holic). The sauce was a perfect consistency for the chicken. I was afraid it would all run off while it was in the oven, but it thickened a bit & stuck like it was supposed to . Super easy & definitely a keeper!
Dee-lish! This was wonderfully spicy and easy to prepare! The chicken was very tender and the flavors were spot on. I sauteed mustard greens to go with this and it was a delicious, easy meal. Instead of using a bowl to mix the ingredients, I put everything in a pyrex square, stirred, then added the chicken breasts. So easy! Also, I replaced the melted butter with olive oil and used a little red wine vinegar in place of the lemon juice. Even with my changes the chicken was great! I highly recommend this one.